Monday 10 July 2017

Next race....


Looking towards the next race - about six months away. I have given myself some breathing space and preparation time, in the lead up to the Spine. This event is massive:like the MDS, way way bigger than me. But try I will.
Looking at past images of competitors battling through blizzards in Scotland, makes me think no way no way no way - impossible. Surely that tracking device will mean that someone somewhere somehow, will be able to find me.

So, thoughts turn to kit. A sleeping bag for the desert nights is not going to cut it. Plus, let's face it, I was still cold despite being in the Sahara. So, a new sleeping bag. Unfortunately it feels as big as a house - or at least a hamster cage. Definitely time for more weight training in a bid to at least lift the thing.