Tuesday 15 January 2019

Spine challenger 2019



So, overall. Well. What can I add. Everyone knows it's a tough event, muddy, cold. Quite hideous. Not for the more image conscious runners of the world, maybe. This year was anticipated as 'the wet one'. Yes indeed. We plodded through fog and driving rain for approximately thirty hours of the event. The rain waited for us to climb out of our cosy sleeping bags before recommencing on our second stage. Honestly, you couldn't make it up. Wet feet, soggy gloves, could hardly see through my specs. Lovely.

One foot in front of the other, trailing the chap in front step for step. A new level of moaning in my head, with a wider variety of expletives than normal. Plod, squelch, grumble.

I gave good money to take part in this event and reach this level of misery. Therefore surely I am extremely stupid, there's no other way of looking at it.

It was... Er.... Really good though.