Sunday 16 February 2020

Getting ready for the Arctic!

This dishevelled pile of down clothing, food packets, old and new running kit, might (I hope) help get me through the Ice Ultra. Flying out later this week. I have got my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly, travel arrangements work, and my kit is sufficient.

The excitement is mounting. I have been floating between feelings of apprehension (what could go wrong? An awful lot of things), and feelings of nervous disbelief that I might have the insane opportunity to run in the Arctic tundra, beneath the Northern lights. What a dream.

My hope is to try and complete this event. I'm afraid, I don't think I'll actually be running much : like the Spine challenger, I think it will be more about trying to move forward and as quickly as possible. Just seeing the place : unbelievable. Being part of this : immense.

I will do my best, on behalf of all plodders in life.