Wednesday 22 June 2022

Spine DNF no.2

 Well,  I  had to pull out of the Spine race half a mile before checkpoint 3   . This massive event just got the better of me again,  blisters too big to hobble on . Sounds ridiculous now . Like an idiot,  I had to get help to get down to the checkpoint,  after maxing out on every painkiller I had by lunchtime and realising sadly that I had nothing left to give .

But, that's OK. I had the BEST time while I was out there, ran approx 140 miles,  which is the longest I've ever run continuously.  More importantly,  I just got to meet and run with some amazing people and it was brilliant. 

What a fab fab fab time 


Never say never in life




I'm currently trying to make my way back down to Manchester-I would pick a day to dnf where there's no trains running again 


What can I say but a million thank yous to anyone that gave me good wishes- they mean the world