Thursday 9 February 2017

YOGA FOR THOSE LEGS!!!!

The last few months I have been managing to attend a mid week yoga class...completely out of running character, maybe. At first, I really liked it because it felt like a full stop in the middle of the day - no interruptions, no phones ringing. It quickly became an hour of deep stretching and moving, which I started to anticipate happily. I don't think runners are renowned for their flexibility - quite the opposite; it feels good to attempt to iron out some of these tight areas. The yoga which is practised at this class is Hatha yoga - a form of yoga intended to align and calm your body. More poignantly, the yoga teacher has the silkiest, smoothest voice which entices us all to try the most boggling poses. I'm sure my body, especially my legs, are now recovering quicker after running events. Be it placebo , fact, or a mixture of both - I don't mind. Yoga days continue.