Thursday 29 June 2017

Lavaredo Ultra Trail 2017 - favourite parts




First of all, I need to point out that I fell in love with this race as soon as I saw some footage : running through the Dolomites looked irresistible. To me, this was certainly the case throughout - the scenery was amazing. If I forgot, for a moment to look around me, I would kick myself into trying to absorb as much as possible.
Running through a long valley during the second part of the race provided a reminder of how huge nature is, with these tiny human runners trying to get through. The mountains were magnanimous - it's the only word I can find.
Thunder rumbled throughout the whole of the second night we were running. This literally echoed around the mountain ranges. Trying to negotiate summit paths with this in the background was slightly frightening and felt very daring. Not your normal 10k post work run.
Running be forgotten : nature and the elements, the world was always yours.