Sunday 21 January 2018

Spine Race - I don't want this to beat me....


Well, many self pitying tears of frustration and soreness resulted from my failed attempt at the Spine Race. Mostly the feeling that I had disappointed so many people who had taken time and energy to support this attempt.

But, a few days later, and after a couple of wobbly attempts on the treadmill, I realise the good things from this week. There are many! I loved my (too few) spine days. Meeting up with friends pre race was brilliant. Being rescued from a checkpoint at 02.00 a.m., by friends who had driven nearly three hours to collect me - no one can ask for more in life.

Lessons in kit and self management abound. I relished being part of this : this race is superbly organised, a credit to endurance events.

Importantly to me at the moment, this injury will heal easily and I can still run. Planned races coming up soon has provided a focus.
Attempt it again? Never say never?