Thursday 1 October 2020

Lakeland trails running weekend


 Well, brilliantly, it looks like the Lakeland Trails races can still go ahead, and we are allowed to go.  The company seems to have done a really good job of ensuring the event is covid secure :   they have asked people not to car share, race numbers have been sent in the post to avoid groups congregating at the race Village,  : we have been given staggered start times with small groups setting off at one minute intervals. Presumably, this will be running events for the foreseeable future.


For me, I am thrilled at the thought of participating in an event at the moment :  after this years' earlier lockdown, I did not think this would be possible this year. I need to take a deep breath before we enter the second phase of this pandemic : I think this weekend will allow that.


Fingers crossed.