Thursday 28 June 2018

The North Face Lavaredo Ultra Trail 120-last thoughts



I wanted to attempt this race again, purely on the basis that it is absolutely fantastic. Running in the Dolomites is a priveledged opportunity indeed. A running luxury. Being any part of this event is an honour.

I am not too enthused by my finishing time of 27.20, but complete I did. Race stats are showing that 1608 competitors started, 1189 finished. Of the starters, 224 were female, with approx 150 female finishers. To my mind, I am very proud to have been one of these 150, albeit in the bottom third.
The good wishes and support played a significant part in getting to the finish line!

This race, this place, is very special. Extreme. Stunning.

I have completed twice, that is enough for now : there are other races to explore. The last few months training has been for this--every minute was needed.

Thank you mountains. We still adore you.