Wednesday 3 May 2017

Hardmoors 110


This weekend, I'm going to attempt the Hardmoors 110. All you need to know is in the name, I think. 110 miles along the Cleveland Way, in the North East of England. 36 hour time limit.

This felt such a good idea a few months ago; perhaps not so, this week. A few days of tapering, sorting kit, contemplating the contents of drop bags, wondering if I will be lost along the moors on Saturday night or just get timed out at a checkpoint, wallowing in misery and self pity.

Its only a self imposed challenge ! Not the end of the world if I don't complete; I'll try my best. One of the best thoughts I have is that I am attempting the shorter race - there's a 200 mile race commencing on the Friday; at least I had the good sense to stay away from that one.

So, while I am quietly, nervously vomiting out the door of my tent the night before, (I have absolutely no idea how I coped on the MDS, looking back); I will try to remember to pack my phone to take a few pics on the way. Even if I don't finish this one, I still want to try, and capture the 'joy' of it too.