Wednesday 28 August 2019

Grand Raid de Pyrenees 2019- things I liked

Well, things I really enjoyed about this event....

It was such a beautiful place to run ! Exceptionally beautiful out there.

I found it a really friendly race, the staff were lovely, and other competitors were fun to be around. As far as I can work out, there were very few or no other Brits on the Circus tour. I had many interesting snippets of conversation in my limited French, and of course there were many comments about Brexit. It made the race all the more interesting for me.

The 10.00 a.m.start was ideal, as it meant only one night out on the race course. The whole event was very well marked with reflective strips every ten feet or so.

The finish of the race, at Vielle Aure, was absolutely electric, and probably the highlight . The village was filled with supporters, and running to the finish was an emotional, tremendous moment. Every finisher was made to feel like a superstar by the crowd. Sensational ending.