Sunday 25 August 2019

Grand Raid de Pyrenees 2019

Grand Raid de Pyrenees - Circus Trail-- this race is a magnificent monster. It is probably the hardest one stage I have run, to date. Add the Ccc with the Lavaredo, take the difficult parts of both, and there we are. I loved every minute of the first 80 k, then hated every minute thereafter. Moaning in my head - constantly.
This morning, I am so proud to have achieved this. I have blister on blisters, and needed painkillers just to try and sleep. Approx a third dropped out of the race I was in. I have no idea how competitors managed 220k. There was absolutely no running possible after 80k, just climbing, plodding, and a little bit of crying thrown in. My word.
Yesterday I thought never again..... Today, already, I think respect the challenge.

Ouch.